Pierre Bouret moved to Kauai in 1970 to pursue his passion for surfing. Once on island, he was captivated by the beauty and magnificence of the surrounding landscape. These images inspired Pierre to paint Kauai in all her natural splendor. Hawaii's mountains, waterfalls cascading into the ever changing sea and moments of magical light and shadow have provided an endless source of material.
Pierre Bouret's plein air work is characterized by colorful, light filled canvases, which capture fleeting moments in ordinary life and memorialize the beauty of Hawaii's landscapes and coastline. Having had no formal training, Pierre Bouret has learned technique and style from Saim Caglayan, President and founding member of Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, Ken Auster, Ian Roberts, Jim Wilcox, Camille Przewodek, and Jeff Horn.
- Plein Air Magazine, Regional Editor
- California Art Club, Artist Patron
- Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, Artist Patron
- Kauai Society of Artists
- KOPA Kauai Outdoor Painters Association
- NAPPAP National Academy of Professional Plein Air Painters
- Kahn Gallery, Hanalei, Hawaii
Click on any image to get more information about Pierre Bouret's Fine Art Oil Paintings